How does the Quadratic Equations and Inequalities Calculator work?
Free Quadratic Equations and Inequalities Calculator - Solves for quadratic equations in the form ax2 + bx + c = 0. Also generates practice problems as well as hints for each problem.
* Solve using the quadratic formula and the discriminant Δ
* Complete the Square for the Quadratic
* Factor the Quadratic
* Vertex (h,k) of the parabola formed by the quadratic where h is the Axis of Symmetry as well as the vertex form of the equation a(h - h)2 + k
* Concavity of the parabola formed by the quadratic
* Using the Rational Root Theorem (Rational Zero Theorem), the calculator will determine potential roots which can then be tested against the synthetic calculator. This calculator has 4 inputs.
What 5 formulas are used for the Quadratic Equations and Inequalities Calculator?
y = ax2 + bx + c (-b ± √b2 - 4ac)/2a h (Axis of Symmetry) = -b/2a The vertex of a parabola is (h,k) where y = a(x - h)2 + k