Straight Line Depreciation Calculator
Enter what you know
An asset value worth 300000
has a salvage value of 10000
at time = 10.
Calculate the depreciation charge at time 3
using the Straight Line Method
|Dt = ||Asset Value - Salvage Value|
Excel or Google Sheets formula:=SLN(300000,10000,10)
Calculate Book Value
= (1-T/N) * A + S * T / N
= (1 - 3/10) * 300000 + (10000 * 3)/10
= (1 - 0.3) * 300000 + 30000/10
= 0.7 * 300000 + 3000
= 210000 + 3000
Book Value History
BV = 213000
What is the Answer?
Depreciation Charge = 29000
How does the Straight Line Depreciation Calculator work?
Free Straight Line Depreciation Calculator - Solves for Depreciation Charge, Asset Value, Salvage Value, Time, N, and Book Value using the Straight Line Method.
This calculator has 6 inputs.
What 1 formula is used for the Straight Line Depreciation Calculator?
What 6 concepts are covered in the Straight Line Depreciation Calculator?
- Resources of value in accounting. Land, Equipment, Cash are examples
- book value
- the value of an asset according to its balance sheet account balance
- The reduction in value of an asset over time
- salvage value
- the estimated book value of an asset after depreciation is complete, based on what a company expects to receive in exchange for the asset at the end of its useful life.
- sinking fund
- a fund formed by periodically setting aside money for the gradual repayment of a debt or replacement of a wasting asset.
- straight line depreciation
- the simplest method for calculating depreciation over time. Under this method, the same amount of depreciation is deducted from the value of an asset for every year of its useful life. T
Straight Line Depreciation Calculator Video
Tags:Add This Calculator To Your Website