Classify the following fraction
Is it proper, improper, or whole?
Compare Numerator and Denominator:15
Additional propertiesNatural, Real, Rational, Irrational Test for 15/20
What is the Answer?
Since the numerator ≤ denominator,
this is a proper fraction.
How does the Classify Fraction Calculator work?
Free Classify Fraction Calculator - Determines the if a fraction is proper, improper, or whole.
This calculator has 1 input.
What 4 formulas are used for the Classify Fraction Calculator?
- Fractions in the form n/d
- If n > d, then we call this an improper fraction
- If n < d, we call this a proper fraction
- If n = d, we call this a whole fraction
For more math formulas, check out our Formula Dossier
What 6 concepts are covered in the Classify Fraction Calculator?
- The bottom portion of a fraction. For a/b, b is the denominator
- how many parts of a certain size exist
a/b where a is the numerator and b is the denominator
- improper fraction
- a fraction which has its numerator value greater than the denominator. The value is greater than 1
- the number above the line in a common fraction
- proper fraction
- a fraction which has its numerator value less than the denominator. The value is less than 1
- whole fraction
- a fraction which has its numerator value equal to the denominator. The value is equal to 1
Example calculations for the Classify Fraction Calculator
Classify Fraction Calculator Video
Tags:Add This Calculator To Your Website