Hypergeometric Distribution Calculator
How does the Hypergeometric Distribution Calculator work?
Calculates the probability of drawing x objects out of a subgroup of k with n possibilities in a total group of N using the hypergeometric distribution.
This calculator has 4 inputs.
What 3 formulas are used for the Hypergeometric Distribution Calculator?
- P(x;n,N,k) = (kCx) * (N - kCn - x)/NCn
- μ = nk/N
- σ2 = nk(N - k)(N - n)/N2(N - 1)
For more math formulas, check out our Formula Dossier
What 10 concepts are covered in the Hypergeometric Distribution Calculator?
- a mathematical technique that determines the number of possible arrangements in a collection of items where the order of the selection does not matter
nPr = n!/r!(n - r)!
- value range for a variable
- a set of outcomes of an experiment to which a probability is assigned.
- The product of an integer and all the integers below it
- hypergeometric distribution
- discrete probability distribution that describes the probability of k successes (random draws for which the object drawn has a specified feature) in ndraws, without replacement
- A statistical measurement also known as the average
- a way in which a set or number of things can be ordered or arranged.
nPr = n!/(n - r)!
- the likelihood of an event happening. This value is always between 0 and 1.
P(Event Happening) = Number of Ways the Even Can Happen / Total Number of Outcomes
- standard deviation
- a measure of the amount of variation or dispersion of a set of values. The square root of variance
- How far a set of random numbers are spead out from the mean
Hypergeometric Distribution Calculator Video