Point Estimate and Margin of Error Calculator
How does the Point Estimate and Margin of Error Calculator work?
Given an upper bound and a lower bound and a sample size, this calculate the point estimate, margin of error.
This calculator has 3 inputs.
What 2 formulas are used for the Point Estimate and Margin of Error Calculator?
- Point Estimate =½(UB - LB)
- MOE = UB - Point Estimate
For more math formulas, check out our Formula Dossier
What 5 concepts are covered in the Point Estimate and Margin of Error Calculator?
- lower bound
- Any number less than or equal to all elements in a set.
- margin of error
- a statistic expressing the amount of random sampling error in the results of a survey.
σp + z-score
- point estimate
- the process of finding an approximate value of some parameter—such as the mean (average)—of a population from random samples of the population.
- point estimate and margin of error
- sample size
- measures the number of individual samples measured or observations used in a survey or experiment.
Example calculations for the Point Estimate and Margin of Error Calculator