Probability (A U B) Calculator
Enter 3 out of 4 below:
How does the Probability (A U B) Calculator work?
Given a 2 event sample space A and B, this calculates the probability of the following events:
P(A U B)
P(A ∩ B)
This calculator has 4 inputs.
What 2 formulas are used for the Probability (A U B) Calculator?
- P(A U B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A ∩ B)
For more math formulas, check out our Formula Dossier
What 5 concepts are covered in the Probability (A U B) Calculator?
- the set containing all elements of A that also belong to B or equivalently, all elements of B that also belong to A.
A ∩ B
- the likelihood of an event happening. This value is always between 0 and 1.
P(Event Happening) = Number of Ways the Even Can Happen / Total Number of Outcomes
- probability (a u b)
- sample space
- the set of all possible outcomes or results of that experiment.
- Combine the elements of two or more sets