Hypothesis Testing for a proportion Calculator
How does the Hypothesis Testing for a proportion Calculator work?
Performs hypothesis testing using a test statistic for a proportion value.
This calculator has 4 inputs.
What 2 formulas are used for the Hypothesis Testing for a proportion Calculator?
- p^ = x/n
- z = (p^ - p)/sqrt(p(1 - p)/n)
For more math formulas, check out our Formula Dossier
What 6 concepts are covered in the Hypothesis Testing for a proportion Calculator?
- alternative hypothesis
- opposite of null hypothesis. One of the proposed proposition in the hypothesis test.
- hypothesis testing
- statistical test using a statement of a possible explanation for some conclusions
- hypothesis testing for a proportion
- an act in statistics whereby an analyst tests an assumption regarding a population proportion
- null hypothesis
- in a statistical test, the hypothesis that there is no significant difference between specified populations, any observed difference being due to sampling or experimental error.
- sample size
- measures the number of individual samples measured or observations used in a survey or experiment.
- test statistic
- a number calculated by a statistical test