Simple Discount and Compound Discount Calculator
Enter 3 out of 4 below
How does the Simple Discount and Compound Discount Calculator work?
Given a principal value, interest rate, and time, this calculates the Accumulated Value using Simple Discount and Compound Discount
This calculator has 3 inputs.
What 2 formulas are used for the Simple Discount and Compound Discount Calculator?
- Simple Discount AV = 1/(1 - dt)
- Compound Discount AV = 1/(1 + d)^t
For more math formulas, check out our Formula Dossier
What 6 concepts are covered in the Simple Discount and Compound Discount Calculator?
- accumulated value
- The total value of an investment, including principal and interest accrued
- the amount by which the market price of a bond is lower than its principal amount due at maturity
- interest rate
- the proportion of a loan that is charged as interest to the borrower or proportion of principal credit given to a depositor
- The amount borrowed on a loan, before interest is charged
- simple discount and compound discount
- a point of time as measured in hours and minutes past midnight or noon