Your Search returned 20 results for division
division - separate a number into parts
-1 3/5 divided by -2/3
-1 3/5 divided by -2/3
We write this as:
-1&3/5 / 2/3
Using our [URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/fraction.php?frac1=1%263%2F5&frac2=2%2F3&pl=Divide']fraction division calculator[/URL], we get:
A cake is to be divided into 8 equal parts. After division, each equal portion is again divided into
A cake is to be divided into 8 equal parts. After division, each equal portion is again divided into 2 equal individual parts. How big is each of the new equal parts?
1 cake * 8 parts * 2 parts = 16 parts.
So each slice is 1/16 of a cake.
A rational expression is undefined when what is 0?
A rational expression is undefined when what is 0?
The [B]denominator[/B]. Because division by zero is undefined.
Given 4 numbers, this will use the four operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division to balance the equations if possible.
Basic Math Operations
Given 2 numbers, this performs the following arithmetic operations:
* Addition (Adding) (+)
* Subtraction (Subtracting) (-)
* Multiplication (Multiplying) (x)
* Long division (Dividing) with a remainder (÷)
* Long division to decimal places (÷)
* Partial Sums (Shortcut Sums)
* Short Division
* Duplication and Mediation
Bawi solves a problem that has an answer of x = -4. He first added 7 to both sides of the equal sign
Bawi solves a problem that has an answer of x = -4. He first added 7 to both sides of the equal sign, then divided by 3. What was the original equation
[*]If we added 7 to both sides, that means we had a minus 7 (-7) to start with as a constant. Since subtraction undoes addition.
[*]If we divided by 3, this means we multiplied x by 3 to begin with. Since division undoes multiplication
So we have the start equation:
3x - 7
If the answer was x = -4, then we plug this in to get our number on the right side of the equation:
3(-4) - 7
-12 - 7
This means our original equation was:
[B]3x - 7 = -19[/B]
And if we want to solve this to prove our answer, we [URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/1unk.php?num=3x-7%3D-19&pl=Solve']type the equation into our search engine [/URL]and we get:
x = -4
Complex Number Operations
Given two numbers in complex number notation, this calculator:
1) Adds (complex number addition), Subtracts (complex number subtraction), Multiplies (complex number multiplication), or Divides (complex number division) any 2 complex numbers in the form a + bi and c + di where i = √-1.
2) Determines the Square Root of a complex number denoted as √a + bi
3) Absolute Value of a Complex Number |a + bi|
4) Conjugate of a complex number a + bi
Dan needs 309 programs for the school play on Thursday. How many boxes of programs will he need, giv
Dan needs 309 programs for the school play on Thursday. How many boxes of programs will he need, given that each box contains 41 programs?
Each box contains 41 programs, so we divide 309 programs by 41 programs per box to get our boxes:
309/41 using our [URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/longdiv.php?num1=309&num2=41&pl=Long%20Division%20%28Decimals%29']division calculator[/URL] is 7.5365.
Since we don't have fractional boxes, we round up to the next highest integer. [B]8 boxes[/B]
Dewey Decimal System Classification
Given a 3 digit code, this will determine the class, division, and section of the library book using the Dewey Decimal System.
Division Equality Property Calculator
Demonstrates the Division Equality Property Calculator
Division Property Of Inequality
Demonstrates the Division Property Of Inequality
Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Given (improper fractions, proper fraction, mixed numbers, or whole numbers), this performs the following operations:
* Addition (Adding)
* Subtraction (Subtracting)
* Positive Difference (Absolute Value of the Difference)
* Multiplication (Multiplying)
* Division (Dividing: complex fraction division is included)
* Compare Fractions
* Simplifying of proper and improper fractions as well as mixed numbers. Fractions will be reduced down as far as possible (Reducing Fractions).
* Reciprocal of a Fraction
* Find all fractions between two fractions
* reduce a fraction
Greatest Common Factor and Least Common Multiple
Given 2 or 3 numbers, the calculator determines the following:
* Greatest Common Factor (GCF) using Factor Pairs
* Rewrite Sum using the Distributive Property and factoring out the GCF
* Least Common Multiple (LCM) / Least Common Denominator (LCD) using Factor Pairs
* GCF using the method of Successive Division
* GCF using the Prime Factorization method
* Determine if the numbers are coprime and twin prime
This calculator will take an expression without division signs and combine like terms.
It will also analyze an polynomial that you enter to identify constant, variables, and exponents. It determines the degree as well.
Polynomial Long Division
Polynomial Long Division Calculator
Scientists are studying a cell that divides in half every 15 minutes. How many cells will there by a
Scientists are studying a cell that divides in half every 15 minutes. How many cells will there by after 2.5 hours?
Divide 2.5 hours into 15 minute blocks.
2.5 hours = 2(60) + 0.5(60) minutes
2.5 hours = 120 + 30 minutes
2.5 hours = 150 minutes
Now determine the amount of 15 minute blocks
150 minutes/15 minutes = 10 blocks or divisions
[*]We start with 1 cell at time 0, and double it every 15 minutes
[*]We have A(0) = 1, we want A(10).
[*]Our accumulation function is A(t) = A(0) * 2^t
A(10) = 1 * 2^10
A(10) = [B]1024[/B]
Signed Integer Operations
This performs a string of signed integer operations, either all addition and subtraction, or all multiplication and division.
Using Ruffinis Rule, this performs synthetic division by dividing a polynomial with a maximum degree of 6 by a term (x ± c) where c is a constant root using the factor theorem. The calculator returns a quotient answer that includes a remainder if applicable. Also known as the Rational Zero Theorem
There are 250 boys and 150 girls in a school, if 60% of the boys and 40% of the girls play football,
There are 250 boys and 150 girls in a school, if 60% of the boys and 40% of the girls play football, what percentage of the school play football
[U]First calculate total students:[/U]
Total students = Boys + Girls
Total students = 250 + 150
Total students = 400
[U]Calculate the boys that play football:[/U]
Boys playing football = 60% * 250
[URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/perc.php?num=+5&den=+8&num1=+16&pct1=+80&pct2=60&den1=250&pcheck=3&pct=+82&decimal=+65.236&astart=+12&aend=+20&wp1=20&wp2=30&pl=Calculate']Boys playing football [/URL]= 150
[U]Calculate the girls that play football:[/U]
Girls playing football = 40% * 150
[URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/perc.php?num=+5&den=+8&num1=+16&pct1=+80&pct2=40&den1=150&pcheck=3&pct=+82&decimal=+65.236&astart=+12&aend=+20&wp1=20&wp2=30&pl=Calculate']Girls playing football[/URL][URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/perc.php?num=+5&den=+8&num1=+16&pct1=+80&pct2=60&den1=250&pcheck=3&pct=+82&decimal=+65.236&astart=+12&aend=+20&wp1=20&wp2=30&pl=Calculate'] [/URL]= 60
[U]Calculate total people playing football[/U]:
Total people playing football = Boys playing football + Girls playing football
Total people playing football = 150 + 60
Total people playing football = 210
Calculate percentage of the school playing football (P):
P = 100% * Total people playing football / Total Students
P = 100% * [URL='https://www.mathcelebrity.com/longdiv.php?num1=210&num2=400&pl=Long%20Division%20%28Decimals%29']210/400[/URL]
P = 100% * 0.525
P = [B]52.5%[/B]
Given 2 vectors A and B, this calculates:
* Length (magnitude) of A = ||A||
* Length (magnitude) of B = ||B||
* Sum of A and B = A + B (addition)
* Difference of A and B = A - B (subtraction)
* Dot Product of vectors A and B = A x B
A ÷ B (division)
* Distance between A and B = AB
* Angle between A and B = θ
* Unit Vector U of A.
* Determines the relationship between A and B to see if they are orthogonal (perpendicular), same direction, or parallel (includes parallel planes).
* Cauchy-Schwarz Inequality
* The orthogonal projection of A on to B, projBA and and the vector component of A orthogonal to B → A - projBA
Also calculates the horizontal component and vertical component of a 2-D vector.